Bimota Tesi 3D Review, 2011
The Tesi 3D is different, far from what we saw on wheels has two so far. Their revolutionary framework offers an unmatched driving experience, and a new sense of control. Their revolutionary framework to offers unmatched driving experience, and a new sense of control. The traditional front wheel has been replaced here by an exclusive front-tubular swingarm, chrome-moly tubing and a mechanically-operated double-pivot steering. The traditional front suspension has been here through a front-tubular swingarm, chrome-moly tubing and a mechanically controlled ackerman steering replaced exclusively.
The front suspension is via a link system and acted upon to train the strut. The front suspension is via a linkage system and acted on a train on the strut. The frame consists of two omega-shaped aluminum panels that enclose the DUCATI 1100 cc engine (meets Euro 3). The frame Consists of two omega-shaped aluminum panels, the 1100 cc engine DUCATI (meets Euro 3) enclose the. The special engine management system was developed by the BIMOTA Experience technicians to increase power and torque. The special engine management system was developed by the technicians BIMOTA Experience, to increase power and torque.
TESI 3D - the Unique TESI 3D - the Unique
In a time of highly competitive markets, wholly subject to the pressures of globalization, values like genuine Passion, Talent, Skill, Courage and maniacal Love for perfection often seem to belong to an altogether different world. Exactly these values are what we are all about at Bimota. Our motorcycles capture and represent the essence of a decidedly different approach - the only approach we feel comfortable taking.
The eagerly awaited TESI 3D Concept, first introduced at the 2006 EICMA Motorcycle Show in Milan, Italy, is the standard-bearer for Bimota's cutting-edge technology of emotion. The TESI 3D, like all Bimota motorcycles, embodies all of the character and DNA of a small company that knows how to think big. Bimota is fully committed to the pursuit of excellence and the continuous refinement of our already state-of-the-art technologies.
Concentrating on innovative technical solutions, the TESI 3D has been developed entirely by our in-house staff at the Bimota factory in Rimini. Italy. Dressed in our traditional color-scheme of white, red, and gold, the motorcycle is propelled by a Ducati 1079cc engine. The electrical environment is developed by Bimota.
The original Hub-Steering developed by Bimota, the Tesi 3D Concept boasts several new developments and refinements: The front and rear swing utilize a trellis structure similar to the rear swing of our DB5 and DB6 series' models. Also the front suspension has been radically redesigned and now uses a pull-rod mechanism with the hydraulic suspension located low beside the engine. Carbon body-parts and cowling, forged alloy wheels, and radial disc brakes are further features of the new TESI 3D. The frame consists of light alloy.
European MSRP - € 28,645
European MSRP - € 28,645
- Type: Ducati 1100DS
- Configuration: 90 degree L-Twin
- Displacement: 1079cc
- Cooling: air/oil
- Compression Ratio: 10.5±0.5:1
- Valves per Cylinder: 2
- Bore x Stroke: 98.0mm x 71.5mm
- Redline: 9000rpm
- Valve Angle: intake: 28 degree, outlet: 28 degree
- Valvetrain Type: Desmodromic
- Fuel Pump: Bitron 3.5bar, electronic
- Throttle Body: 45mm
- Air Filter: Paper
- Exhaust System: 2 in 1 in 2, inox
- Injection: Magneti Marelli
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Fuel Tank: 4.2gal/1.3gal reserve (16l/5l reserve)
- Type: Dry Clutch, multi-disc
- Clutch: Hydraulic
- Primary Drive: 32/59 teeth
- Final Drive: 15/40 teeth
- Gear Ratio: VI - 28/24; V - 24/23; IV - 22/24; III - 20/27; II - 17/30; I - 15/37
- Wheelbase: 54.7in (1390mm)
- Steering Angle: 18.5 degrees
- Swingarm Lenth: 20.3±0.8in (515±20mm)
- Seat Height: 31.5in (800mm)
- Footpeg Height: 15.2in (385mm)
- Handlebar Height: 33.5in (850mm)
- Steering Rod Center to Seat Center: 27.4in (695mm)
- Front Suspension: Monoshock, Pull-Rod Extreme Tech, fully adjustable (Preload - External Hydraulic device, Compression, Rebound, travel 4.5in (115mm)
- Front Wheel: 3.50 x 17.0 Forged Alluminium Alloy
- Front Brake: Double 320mm Brembo floating discs, Brembo Radial Caliper, 4-piston, 4-pad
- Rear Suspension: Monoshock, Push-Rod Extreme Tech, fully adjustable (Pre-load, Compression, Rebound)
- Rear Wheel: 5.50 x 17.0 Forged Aluminium Alloy
- Rear Wheel Trail: 4.5in (115mm)
- Rear Brake: 220mm Brembo Disc , 2-piston, 2-pad
- Curb Weight: 370lb (168kg)