Beta 450RR, 2012
The Beta RR Enduro models have become well known for their immediate and genuine approach, for reliability, long maintenance intervals and, last but not least their 100% Italian style. Today, the third generation RR4T models are equipped with our own engine made in Rignano Sull’Arno and arrive on the market as the result of a continuous development for many different riding abilities. Many are the refinements and innovations, both on the frame and the engine, all designed to increase reliability and riding feeling. A wide range of displacements are now available, strengthened by the new 350cc engine, a first for Beta in the enduro market. For 2012 Beta has developed a complete range of enduro bikes to appeal to both the weekend hobbyist as well as the seasoned Pro.
The American Beta is proud to announce the 2012 Beta Off Road RR model line up with a complete range being offered for 2012 including 350, 400, 450, and 498 versions. (498 RR formerly known as 520 RR)
With the 350RR, Beta feels this is the ultimate single-track motorcycle as its ability to change direction is unmatched while still offering enough torque and power for both play riders and racers. The 350 provides a "2-stroke feel" yet still offers the traction and smooth power delivery of a 4 stroke. Returning for 2012 are the proven 400, 450, and 498 RR models that have helped put Beta on the off road map. These models continue to impress the magazines as well as the riders that own them.
Beta 450RR Features and Benefits
- * Redesigned cylinder head including reinforced camshaft bridge, valve retainers, and updated cam chain tensioner to help reduce engine noise.
- * New clutch primary gear and springs for better engagement and clutch action.
- * Updated counterbalance bearings for increased reliability.
- * Stronger cam chain guides
- * Increased oil volume to the engine cam chain for reduced friction.
- * New oil drain plug for easier oil changes.
- * All new Sachs 48mm fork with TFX technology, developed by Sachs exclusively for Beta. This new design allows the fork to move through its stroke with very little friction.
- * New SKF fork seals and wipers with self-lubricating compounds to also reduce stiction.
- * New triple clamp to match perfectly with the new front fork.
- * Redesigned frame with extra gussets as well as an increased tube diameter on the lower tubes. This new frame has less flex and has improved stability.
- * New front and rear brake rotors.
- * New Brembo clutch master cylinder for a better clutch feel and engagement.
- * Redesigned muffler (Spark Arrestor) offers better flow while retaining a quiet exhaust note.
- * Redesigned front headlight and front fender support
- * Striking new red color for 2012
MSRP Price: $8799.00 USD
- Type: Beta-Built single cylinder, 4-valve, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, electric start with back up kick starter.
- Bore: 95mm Stroke: 63.4mm
- Displacement: 449cc
- Compression Ratio: 11.95:1
- Ignition: DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan.
- Spark Plug: NGK LKAR 8A-9
- Lubrication: Twin oil pumps with cartridge oil filter. Separate oil for engine and clutch .8 liter each
- Carburetor: Keihin FCR-MX 39mm
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Frame: All New molybdenum steel with double cradle split above exhaust port. Air filter access from the side.
- Wheelbase: 58.7”
- Seat Height: 36.8”
- Ground Clearance: 12.6”
- Footrest Height: 16.2”
- Dry Weight: 242 lbs. dry
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.1 US gallons
- Front Suspension: All New 48 mm Sachs USD fork, adjustable compression and rebound, TFX technology.
- Rear Suspension: Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and hi/low speed compression
- Front Wheel Travel: 11.4”
- Rear Wheel Travel: 11.4”
- Front Brake: 260mm floating rotor
- Rear Brake: 240mm rotor
- Front/Rear Rim: 21” (Front) 18” (Rear)
- Front/Rear Tire: Michelin Enduro Competition
- Warranty: 6 month Limited Warranty