Husaberg FE390, 2011
+ mass centralisation with 70° engine layout
+ optimum positioning of centre of gravity
+ precise power application with EFI
+ harmonic power delivery in every situation
+ traction due to engine characteristics and weight distribution
+ convertibility of engine power into forward propulsion
+ closed cartridge forks
+ unrivalled responsiveness
+ constant damping throughout the entire suspension travel
+ optimised for fast and rutted terrain
- Particularly light and manufactured from high quality aluminium, ensuring that the silencer complies with all statutory noise limits.
- New handlebars from Neken, with the same shape as before, guarantee supreme stiffnessand safety.
- Crosslinked polyethylene guarantees the highest levels of strength at the same time as reduced weight. Numerous electronic components are embedded perfectly in the subframe.
- Classy triple clamps machined from a single piece are fitted as standard to all Husaberg models. This results in precise clamping of the fork tubes, which supports the flawless function of the forks.
- Positioned directly behind the tank cap, it is covered by the front part of the seat. The raised airbox position guarantees cool, clean intake air and maximum wading depth. Intake port in direct downdraught from the filter to the cylinder.
- The 8.5 litre capacity, slim fuel tank extends way under the seat, providing a favourable centre of gravity, and is equipped with a compact fuel pump as well as a reserve sensor. The transparent polyethylene also allows the fuel level to be determined from the outside.
- The integrated stainless steel exhaust manifold offers optimum protection from damage by rocks and prevents all direct contact with the rider.
- The latest Brembo front brake for optimum braking performance with a minimum of effort. Effective single-piston rear brake caliper. Ultra-light Wave discs for best possible deceleration and efficient self-cleaning of the brakes.
- Fully adjustable PDS shock absorber with optimised settings for even better traction and stability. Adjustable rebound damping and variable high- and low-speed compression damping guarantee the perfect configuration for the most diverse conditions.
- Sports-oriented compact engine design with revolutionary layout, reduced to the minimum, optimum handling thanks to 70° cylinder angle and crankshaft position close to bike centre of gravity, NEW: optimised automatic decompressor (FE 390 / FE 570) guarantees even better starting behaviour + greatest reliability
- Starting at the push of a button, in every situation by means of precisely controlled state-of-the-art engine management, no need for a kickstarter, minimum engine weight
- 42 mm throttle body in direct downdraught, optimum flow from the airbox to the cylinder, new intake manifold between throttle body and cylinder, improved durability, optimised flow of the petrol-air mixture, 3 alternative mappings selectable (map-select switch available as a Husaberg part)
- New valve spring retainers made of stronger material guarantee greater reliability under heavy loads in the highest rpm ranges.
- All engine versions are equipped with a perfectly graduated 6-gear transmission, with a narrower spread in the FX.
- Designed for extreme loads, hydraulic clutch actuation system from Magura, integrated torque cushion, perfect application, FLEX clutch lever, hinges forwards up to 90°, reduces risk of breakage
- For greater stiffness, the engineers have significantly reinforced the area of the frame around the steering head on the 4-stroke models, reduced frame flex at the decisive points, substantially improved stability of the bike at high speeds, absolutely precise control of the front wheel
- Super-light cast aluminium swingarm, holds the directly attached PDS shock, greatest degree of directional stability, plenty of traction and comfort
- Completely new dimension in the field of enduro suspension with the latest WP closed cartridge USD forks with 48 mm diameter, sealed internal damping cartridge for incomparable responsiveness, guaranteed efficient and constant damping characteristics throughout the entire suspension travel, these benefits of the closed cartridge system have already been proven impressively in the FX 450.
- Engine type Single cylinder, 4-stroke
- Displacement 393.3 mm
- Bore/Stroke 95/55.5 mm
- Compression ratio 11.1:1
- Starter/Battery Electric starter/12V 7Ah/12V 7Ah
- Transmission 6 gears
- Fuel system Keihin EFI
- Control 4 V/OHC with rocker levers
- Lubrication Pressure lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Engine Oil Motorex, SAE 10W-50
- Primary ratio 33:76
- Secondary drive 13:38 (13:52)
- Cooling Liquid cooling
- Clutch Wet multi-disc clutch, hydraulically operated
- Engine Management System Keihin
- Frame Double cradle perimeter design 25CrMo4
- Subframe Cross-linked Polyethylene
- Handlebar Neken, Aluminium Ø 28/22 mm
- Front suspension WP-USD Ø 48 mm Closed Cartridqe
- Rear suspension WP-PDS DCC shock absorber
- Suspension travel front/rear 300/335 mm
- Front/rear brakes Disc brake Ø 260 mm/Disc brake Ø 220 mm
- Front/rear rims 1.60 x 21'' DID/2.15 x 18'' DID
- Front/rear tires 90/90-21''; 140/80-18''
- Chain X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Silencer Aluminium
- Steering Head Angle 63.5°
- Wheel base 1,475 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance 390 mm
- Seat height 985 mm
- Tank capacitiy approx. 8.5 litres
- Weight (Ready to Race) approx. 114 kg