Buell Firebolt XB12R, 2010
USA MSRP: Sunfire Yellow $10,299, Midnight Black $10,299
- Overall Length 276.2 in. (1,935 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden 330.5 in. (775 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- Overall Width without mirrors428.1 in. (714 mm)
- Ground Clearance, Unladen24.35 in. (110 mm)
- Rake (Steering Head Angle) at Ride Height (degrees) 21
- Fork Angle at Ride Height (degrees) 21
- Trail at Ride Height 3.3 in. (84 mm)
- Wheelbase, Unladen 52 in. (1,321 mm)
- Fuel Capacity, Total 3.82 gal. (14.5 l)
- Fuel Capacity 0.75 gal. (2.8 l)
- Oil Capacity 52.5 qt. (2.4 l)
- Dry Weight 395 lb. (179 kg)
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating 850 lb. (386 kg)
- Load Carrying Capacity 379 lb. (172 kg)
- Engine Thunderstorm 1203 air/oil/fan-cooled, 4-stroke, 45 degree V-twin
- Displacement 73.4 cu in (1,203 cc)
- Bore 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke 3.812 in. (96.82 mm)
- Peak Torque per SAE J607, North America 84 ft-lb (114 Nm)
- Peak Torque RPM per SAE J607, North America 6,000
- Peak Horsepower per SAE J607, North America 103 hp (77 kW)
- Peak Horsepower RPM per SAE J607, North America 6,800
- Compression Ratio 10.0:1
- Mileage per US EPA Urban Trace, CITY6
- 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Mileage per US EPA HIGHWAY Fuel Economy Test6
- 65 mpg (3.6 l/100 km)
- Intake Zero-resistance airbox
- Primary Drive Type Chain
- Primary Drive Ratio 1.500 (57/38)
- Secondary Drive Type7
- Constant path, 14mm pitch aramid reinforced Hibrex(R) belt with Flexten(R) Plus technology.
- Secondary Drive Member Pitch Length (# of Teeth or # of Links) 128
- Secondary Drive Ratio 2.407 (65/27)
- Transmission type 5-speed, Helical gear design
- Transmission Ratio, 1st 2.648
- Transmission Ratio, 2nd 1.892
- Transmission Ratio, 3rd 1.407
- Transmission Ratio, 4th 1.166
- Transmission Ratio, 5th 1
- Transmission Ratio, 6th
- Front Brake ZTL-2 (tm) Braking System
- Front Rotor and Caliper Configuration 8-piston, fixed caliper. Single-sided, inside-out, floating rotor.
- Front Rotor Size, OD 14.77 in. (375 mm)
- Number of Front Brake Rotors 1
- Rear Rotor and Caliper Configuration Single-piston, floating caliper. Fixed rotor.
- Rear Brake
- Rear Rotor Size, OD 9.45 in. (240 mm)
- Rear Suspension Type and Configuration Fully adjustable (adjustable compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload), coil-over monoshock with remote, underseat reservoir.
- Front Suspension Type and Configuration Fully adjustable (adjustable compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload) inverted forks.
- Front Fork Slider Tube Diameter 1.69 in. (42.9 mm)
- Fork Lock Availability (true or false) True
- Suspension Travel, Front Wheel, Along Fork Line 4.72 in. (120 mm)
- Suspension Travel, Rear Wheel, Vertical 5.06 in. (129 mm)
Lean Angle at Full Suspension Compression, Soft Contact, Left (degrees)8
Lean Angle at Full Suspension Compression, Soft Contact, Right (degrees)8
Lean Angle at Full Suspension Compression, Hard Contact, Left (degrees)8
Lean Angle at Full Suspension Compression, Hard Contact, Right (degrees)8
Frame Aluminum frame with Uniplanar Powertrain vibration isolation system - FUEL IN FRAME
Swingarm Description Cast aluminum swingarm with detachable brace. OIL IN SWINGARM.
Wheels and Tires1
- Tire Brand and Model, Front Pirelli Corsa III
- Tire Brand and Model, Rear Pirelli Corsa III
- Tire Size Designator, Front 120/70 ZR-17
- Tire Size Designator, Rear 180/55 ZR-17
- Wheel Type, Front 6-spoke, ZTL, cast aluminum front wheel.
- Wheel Type, Rear 6-spoke, cast-aluminum rear wheel.
- Wheel Size, Front (width x dia) (in) 3.5x17
- Wheel Size, Rear (width x dia) (in) 5.5x17
- Battery Type and Specifications Sealed Lead Acid, maintenance-free, 12-volt, 12 amp-hour (per Battery Council International rating), 200 cca.
- Charging System Specifications 30-amp max permanent magnet single-phase alternator with solid-state regulator (405 watts@3,000 rpm, 405 watts peak)
- Starter System Specifications 1.2 kW electric with solenoid shift starter motor engagement
- Headlamp Type and Wattages (high, low and position lamp) Twin-projector beam (H3). 55-watt low beam, 55-watt high beam. 3-watt position lamp (EUR, ENG, JPN, AUS).
- Tail Light Wattages (stop and running) .55W for tail light, 5W for stop light
- Turn Signal Lights Type (manual or self-canceling) and Wattage Manual canceling, 10w.
- License Plate Lamp Wattage 5w
1. Specifications for non-US markets might differ. Buell reserves the right to discontinue models or change specifications at any time without incurring any obligations. Vehicle specifications may vary from country to country depending on local laws. Some models are not available in certain countries.
2. Unladen, wet configuration (no rider, all fluids).
3. Laden, wet configuration (180lb. design rider, all fluids).
4. Without mirrors.
5. Oil capacity at oil change, with filter.
6. Based on tests conducted under lab conditions per U.S. EPA test procedures. Mileage will vary depending on personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length and vehicle condition.
7. Hibrex® and Flexten® are registered trademarks of Goodyear® Technologies, Inc.
8. Bottomed-out configuration (100% suspension compression).
9. Please refer to motorcycle owner's manual for warranty details.